Tuesday, January 15, 2013

When I go for a drive I like to pull off to the side of the road and run and jump into the ocean in my clothes. I'm smaller than a poppy seed inside a great big bowl and the ocean is a giant that can swallow me whole, so I swim for all salvation and I swim to save my soul, but my soul is just a whisper trapped inside a tornado, so I flip to my back and I float and I sing, "I am grounded, I am humbled, I am one with everything."

There's something so desperate about it all, and I'm not quite sure what it is. But, wow, it's been a year, and I've somehow changed, somehow grown, since last I saw those two faces standing on a stage, and their faces never seem to change, but everything's so different.

No comments:

Post a Comment