Transcendental Youth - The Mountain Goats
An acquired taste but once you get it they're really really good okay A+
All Eternals Deck - The Mountain Goats
Not as good as Transcendental Youth but it has some good ones and overall is pretty solid. Listen just for No Children and Damn These Vampires B
Gossamer - Passion Pit
Passion Pit should never have a reason. B+
Port of Morrow - The Shins
It's angsty. It's whiny. They're teenage boys (practically men!). They're like The Smiths. They even have a similar name. You will feel whole. A
The Head and the Heart - The Head and the Heart
Tyler already has this but it's good A+
Young the Giant - Young the Giant
Worth having just for Cough Syrup. That's how worthy this album is. A
For Emma, Forever Ago - Bon Iver
Bon Iver before he got reclusive and incoherent. Bon Iver when he was cute and guitar-ey. Bon Iver reminds you of Twilight (and in a good way, too, which is totally weird). Bon Iver makes you love again. A+
The North - Stars
Sort of okay. Worth giving a shot if you've got money. B
Meteora - Linkin Park
JUST KIDDING.
NO.
Around the Well - Iron & Wine
Iron & Wine is one of those bands that you forget exists and then you're like, "Hey, I forgot this band exists!" and then you listen to all their music and you never hate anything again and pass all your classes and walk around in a totally zen mood and do meditation for fun. A+
Bon Iver - Bon Iver
One of my favourite albums so go for it bro seriously you will not be disappoint A+++++
Mirage Rock - Band of Horses
Pretty chill B
Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes
Feel-good music. A just cause it's so cute
Narrow Stairs - Death Cab for Cutie
Not one of the best but it's in the running up. A
The Whole Love - Wilco
You either get it or you don't B
O - Damien Rice
I already have this one and I can say with certainty that it is the bomb especially if you like soft, angsty, brooding vocals (RICHARD WALTERS COUGH). A+
Underwater - Joshua Radin
Just including this cause hey Joshua Radin! Where ya been Joshua Radin! Disappeared off the face Joshua Radin! More like Joshua RadOUT amirite B
The Shepherd's Dog - Iron & Wine
Better than Around the Well but not by a lot A+
Time Without Consequence - Alexi Murdoch
Just look at that face. All around quiet and pensive and not in the way Iron & Wine is (hint: in a worser way) B
Civilian - Wye Oak
I just really like the song Civilian. The rest of the album is good too I guess. Buy for the cover art. I don't have a problem shut up B+
I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning - Bright Eyes
If you can stomach whiny white boys crying about how hard life is then this is your lucky day because that's all Bright Eyes does. But seriously it ain't half bad. B+
Half-Made - Ben Sollee
Oh Ben Sollee you sex bomb you 10/10 would bang to this album
Harcore Will Never Die, But You Will - Mogwai
It's post-rock so make of it what you will but personally I'm a fan of Mogwai and post-rock so it's a pretty good deal for me A
Tamer Animals - Other Lives
MAN OH MAN HOW LONG HAVE I BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ALBUM TO BE IN MY POSSESSION SO I CAN STROKE IT KISS IT LOVE IT A+++
American Nomad - The Apache Relay
It's missing a certain something but I don't know why so B
The Lumineers - The Lumineers
I think we all have this CD by this point but can we just take a moment to appreciate
Night Visions - Imagine Dragons
A cute fun ride B
Using my very detailed methodology and criteria for selecting grades for each album, I have narrowed down the list to:
(for Tyler, in order of cool)
- Bon Iver
- O
- Tamer Animals
- The Shepherd's Dog
- Transcendental Youth
- Around the Well
- For Emma, Forever Ago
- Half-Made
- Port of Morrow
- Narrow Stairs
- Helplessness Blues
- Young the Giant
and, for myself:
- Tamer Animals
- Half-Made
- The Shepherd's Dog
- Around the Well
- Port of Morrow
- Transcendental Youth
- The Head and the Heart
- For Emma, Forever Ago
- Young the Giant
oh I can't afford all . . .
hmph
No comments:
Post a Comment