Monday, October 1, 2012

Right so I'm doing this because I don't want to take a shower and I'm also sort of talking to Maarya and stuff but it's not a super heavy conversation so there are gaps, and I don't know how to fill them since tumblr isn't working for me right now.
Also Maarya u so clever with ur clever titles 4 ur blawg posts & stuff y u gotta b so clever

Layer One: The Outside

Eye Color: Grey, I think
Hair Style/Color: Brown. It's dull. Dull hair. At least it doesn't frizz up now as much as it used to, because otherwise it's a mess. I wish I could get it cut because it gets in the way, but at the same time I kind of like to fail at hair tosses.
Height: 5'2"ish but my permit says 5'4" because why not
Clothing style: I've recently begun wearing nicer clothes, because usually I thought it would be weird if I wore anything nice, like I was tied down to a sub-par standard just because everyone expected me to be that way and it was out of my place to try to be better. Maarya and Trisha really like wearing nice things, though, and I think I got bored with wearing the same ten t-shirts over and over, so I started gradually wearing nicer things like actual shirts and different sweaters and jackets and trying to match things. I thought I was doing well, too, and then my dad said, "I don't like that you're trying to dress like a man now. You dressed so much better before.", and that made me sad, because I like my button-up shirts and my plaid and why why do I have to wear frilly silky delicate things
Best physical feature: Ahh

Layer Two: The Inside

Your fears: Huh. I'm afraid that I'll stop moving just for a second, because then my thoughts catch up with me. It's not an unreasonable fear, either; it happens several times a day. I'm afraid I won't ever find friends. I'm afraid there's no future, that what lies in store is just a continuation of now and that's all there will ever be. Perhaps everyone in the world is walking around in a stupor, trying to figure out what's next but there is no next. I'm afraid Maarya's in love with someone else, or that I'm inadequate. That maybe once she gets to see me every day for weeks on end she'll realise she could do so much better. And my biggest fear, of course, still stands the same as it has been for the longest time: I'm afraid I'll run out of words and there'll be nothing else at all but silence left in the world.
Your guilty pleasure: Party in the USA
Ambitions for the future: Do things, go places, learn and eat and laugh and read and protest. Hopefully do things with Maarya. Worry less. Later on, live with her, if we don't break up by then. Study abroad, do internships, graduate, move on to grad school (maybe not even in Boston). Maybe New York. It'd be nice to come back as an adult. Go backpacking in Europe. Run a marathon, write more books, make spontaneous plans, worry lessworrylesssworryless

Layer Three: Thoughts

Your first thoughts waking up: When did I ever fall asleep? I'm still tired. I don't want to go to school. I didn't get enough sleep, but I'm wide awake. Why do I have to look at people, walk by people, stare at them instead of talking to them? Where is Maarya?
What you think about most: How to get out.
What you think about before bed: By the time I go to bed, I fall asleep as soon as my head makes contact with a surface. Sometimes even before then. I haven't thought before I went to sleep for a few months now. I haven't dreamt for a few months now.
You think your best quality is: Clearly my sense of wit.

Layer Four: What's Better?

Single or group dates: I've never been on either, I think. That's sad. Why have I never been on a date? I want to go on a super formal date, with dressing up and dinner and walking around.
To be loved or respected: I agree with Duo, they should go hand in hand. (oh wait I never changed this answer this was Maarya's answer but I third it)
Beauty or brains: I'm assuming that in this particular scenario I have to choose between a gorgeous person who is also dumb and an ugly person who is also really smart. People who chose the former are shallow, and people who choose the latter are intelligent and deep and stuff. But intelligent people can be assholes, too. Not all smart people are people worth knowing. If the prettier, not smart person is someone I get along with well and can talk to about things I care about and e doesn't bore me, why not? Looks don't matter to me that much anyway. It's just that intelligence doesn't, either, or at least not grades/facts intelligence. Life intelligence, maturity, the desire to learn and explore and care about things - those are always better than brains or beauty, and they're the deciding factor.
Dogs or cats: Such a hard decision, but I want a dog. I like the feel of having a dog.

Layer Five: Do You?

Lie: Yes. All the time. All I ever do is lie. It's all I'm good for, really.
Believe in yourself: Eh
Believe in love: The magical all-healing power of love? No, but I think love is a thing, yes. Or maybe it's something you convince yourself exists that doesn't really, but that's irrelevant. We don't really touch things - we never make contact. It's the forces acting between the two objects that causes you to feel as if you're touching something. That is our definition of touch, though. There is no other touch. The idea of making contact is a foreign idea, because there is no alternative. If this is what it is and this is all you have, then semantics - "what is really real" - doesn't matter. Love is the same way. We can't ever really touch.
Want someone: Heh. Reasonably so, yes. No, do you know what, though. It actually tears me apart.

Layer Six: Ever?

Been on stage: I'm sorry. It was a requirement for elementary school. I had to do it. If I've emotionally scarred you, it's not my fault.
Done drugs: I wish I could say yes, but no, I haven't.
Changed who you were to fit in: All the time. I wish I were one of those people who had a strong sense of identity, but I don't, really. The lying doesn't help much, either. There is no me.

Layer Seven: Favourites

Favourite colours: Perfect orange. Bright exact blue - the standard, generic blue you see everywhere. All the greys. All the dark blues and purples. TARDIS blue. Tumblr blue. Apple green - Jenny green. Forest green.
Favourite animals: I don't think I have an opinion on this one.
Favourite movie: Inception, still. Perhaps that's cliche. I need a new favourite movie.
Favourite game: No

Layer Eight: Age

Day your next birthday will be: Too much work. Not doing this.
How old will you be: 18
Age you lost your virginity: 17? The first time didn't count.
Does age matter: For what? A lot of the time, no. It really depends on the person.

Layer Nine: In Another Person 

Best personality: More talkative than me, because I can't deal with the pressure of having control of the conversation. Thoughtful and insightful and interested in different things. It's always nice to see people with a passion for something. People who care are nice, but sometimes caring too much is stifling. People whom you can talk to without feeling like you have to watch what you're saying. People you don't have to change for.
Best eye colour: No strong opinion. I like bright blues and bright greens - basically anything that stands out and you feel like you're drowning in them. That's not realistic, though. Out of the browns, dark brown is the best. I'm not a fan of the lighter, hazel-ey colours.
Best hair colour: Anything but blonde/red hair on Asians (by Asians I mean anyone hailing from the continent of Asia). That's really hard to pull off, okay. Odds are, you probably can't do it.
Best thing to do with a partner: Cuddling. I like cuddling a lot, because I don't have to worry. Actually the best thing was when Maarya and I tried to watch a movie and I nestled into her shoulder and our legs were intertwined and I was so comfortable and also tired that I fell asleep. I mean, it probably wasn't fun for her because then she had all this dead weight leaning on her and she was watching a movie alone, but it was nice for me. Hah. Okay. Also sex is really nice, but I have to be in the mood. I have to not be tired, and there is clearly no time when I am not tired. It gets exhausting because I want to and I feel the pressure building up inside of me but I can't force myself to move a muscle.

Layer Ten: Finish the Sentence

I love: Sasha, and her hugs and sarcastic comments and the drawings she makes for me. Maarya - everything about her, from her hair and her eyes and her mouth and her teeth and her shoulders and her tentative hands and the way she walks and the way she laughs and when she giggles and brushes my hair behind my ear and holds my hand without saying a word and the way she makes me feel, like it's going to be okay. Also, economics. Also, physics, but the class makes me feel horribly inadequate. Whereas economics the class is easy and fun and no work at all, physics the class makes me want to cry because I can't. I thought I could but I can't. I still really like physics, though, just without the pressure.
I feel: Tired. Mostly tired. I can never get enough sleep, even when I do get enough sleep. All I want is for everything to end because I can't stand feeling so tired all the time.
I hide: Nowhere. There's nowhere to hide. Every place I go there's a familiar face and they leave me alone, they never talk, but I can feel them there.
I miss: I'd say feeling like I had friends, but I don't ever think I felt that. I just felt hopeful and then crushed. I miss Maarya.
I wish: There were people that cared. Maybe it'd be alright then. Not perfect, but bearable. Alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment